I have spent the last decade meditating, learning, reading and writing about...honing and shaping my internal world and the last year helping others to do the same...BUT, I have strategically neglected, ignored, and straight up refused to look at my inner workings and beliefs around money! Why?
- You cannot be spiritual and have money!
- If you are rich, you don’t care about people….(just look at our world, right?!)
- I can’t relate to people who have money.
- To be poor is to connect authentically and empathize with people.
- If I have money, no one will have to “take care” of me anymore and my family will fall apart (ouch…that one hurt a little to write).
And here is the hilarious thing…I overdrew my account at the one time during the year I had and have PLENTY of money to pay for all bills plus some! And still, I miss managed, ignored, neglected and refused to LOOK at my finances because as we all now know by my internal money thermometer…money (according to Leslie) is the root of all that is evil and wrong with people!
Well all I can say (and this was my big aha! this week) is THANK YOU!
Thank you for moments of poverty for teaching me about what I really value in this life!
Thank you “pay check to pay check” for teaching me to consume responsibly and to live simply so other may simply live!
Thank you for the jobs that paid me a small percentage of what I and the job was worth, for you led me to search my soul for my true worth and passion.
Thank you to my parents and generations before them who unwittingly transmitted these beliefs, for they provided me with many opportunities to empathize with, acknowledge the dignity of and genuinely communicate with people no matter how rejected and alien they may seem to society.
Thank you…and I now officially release all the struggling and scarcity! I am ready to FULLY embrace a world of abundance and unlimited potential…not just within my soul but on the outside as well, in this incredibly beautiful, exquisite earthly realm!
I’m ready to be able to
- educate my children in a manner that is worthy of their souls,
- travel, visit with and celebrate family and friends I have been disconnected from through distance,
- be able to buy a gosh darn latte whenever I feel like it :),
- invest exclusively in local farmers and business owners who value sustainability and
- invest in my own learning and evolution and that of all those I am here to serve!
Now, don't worry, this hippie soul still looks forward to a the day (hopefully in my lifetime) when our gifts and talents are exchanged equally in community and we are valued just for being human! A time when everyone has more than enough and enjoys enough inner and outer freedom to embrace the cycle of giving and receiving effortlessly
until that day I will honor the place and time I was planted and accept any and all outer (and inner) abundance the Universe would gift me!
I’m all in for love AND money $!